Out of Joint makes and tours theatre that broadens horizons and asks questions of the world, through plays that are epic, authentic and inquisitive.
Audiences from Bolton to Bury St Edmunds, Salisbury to South Shields, have shared these shows with those in London and overseas.
New writers, new actors and new directors have worked alongside the most experienced and celebrated in British theatre to present contemporary work described as ‘provocative’, ‘refreshing’, ‘shocking’ and ‘passionate’.
Over 900 education workshops have inspired school children and their teachers.
We rely on donations from individuals as well as grants from trusts and foundations to develop, produce and tour great theatre – thank you, so much, to those who have helped us make our work.
With your help, we will continue to take risks by developing new plays of scale and ambition, which are fearless in grappling with the biggest issues.
- £5 could provide 15 small posters
- £7.50 could hire a basic stage light for a week
- £10 could print a set of rehearsal scripts for a cast and creative team
- £18 could hire a van for a day to collect props for a production
- £25 could buy a small costume item
- £75 could pay for an actor to take part in a day’s research and development
- £200 could pay for us to mail schools to tell them about our Education programme
- £200 could pay for an Education pack, made available to schools for free
- £250 could pay for an Audio Describer to help visually impaired people enjoy a performance
- £1935 could transport a set from one tour venue to the next
- £8000 could commission a new play
Please help if you can.